1. I have been staring at the logo when I saw the anomaly in it. Why is the letter “N” at lowercase and the white background not centered? I may not know the answer, but, the logo is quite catchy if you ask me.
2. 7-eleven’s logo has definitely used the “CLOSURE” among the Gestalt principles. The objects are not connected and even the word “eleven” is seen as if cutting the objects physically but our brain interprets it as the number seven.
3. As to the task of trying to re-create the logo of 7 eleven, I thought that I should stick to the original color pallete. I made around 15 sketches.
Here is my final selection:
- Similarity -Gestalt Principle for the 7&L
- Closure – for the wordings ; Seven and Eleven
- Proximity – Gestalt principle
- The number 11 forming into the number 7. It can be tricky so I included the wordings at the bottom.
- Closure – Gestalt Principle
- During my research, I stumbled upon the fact that they are also known for their product, Slurpee. So, I thought that this could be a good visual representation for the company as well.