After reading the appropriate section in your prescribed textbook From Snapshots to Great Shots, please answer the following questions:
- Name all the functions / buttons on the front of your camera
- Name all the functions / buttons on the back of your camera
Here are the functions of Nikon D5300:
A AF-Assist Illuminator
B Flash Mode Button
C Function Button
D Lens Mounting Mark
E Lense Release Button
F Release Mode Button
G Infrared Receiver
B Information Edit
C Mode Dial
D AutoExposure/ AutoFocus lock Button
E Command Dial
F Playback Button
H OK Button
I Memory Card Door
J Delete Button
K Playback Zoom In
L Thumbnail/Playback Zoom Out
M LCD/Information Screen
N Infrared Receiver
- Explain how you would set the correct ISO
Setting the ISO
1. Rotate the Mode dial to any setting other than Auto or Auto (Flash Off).
2. Press the i button on the back of the camera to activate the cursor in the information screen.
3. Use the Multi-selector to highlight the ISO Sensitivity option, and press the OK button.
4. In the option screen, select the appropriate ISO for the level of light you are shooting in, and press the OK button to lock in the change.
- Explain how you would change the aperture
To set your exposure using the aperture, you need to
- press the shutter release button until the meter is activated.
- While holding down the Exposure Compensation/Aperture button, rotate the Command dial to change the aperture.
- Explain how you would change the shutter speed
In Manual mode, you can access two shutter speed settings.
- Press the shutter button halfway to view the exposure system on LCD.
- Rotate the dial mode.
Take five pictures every day for the next five days. The subjects of your pictures can include a series of different objects, people and landscapes. Apply the manual settings as explained in your textbook. Submit your six best pictures at the end of the week, listing the following with each picture:
- Shutter speed
(Source: Sylvan, Rob. Nikon D5300 (From Snapshots to Great Shots) (p. 3). Pearson Education. Kindle Edition. )